At expos & events, you will have the opportunity to meet and speak directly with event professionals and gather information about their products and services.
To help you get the most out of the show, we have prepared the following tips.
- Pre-register if available. This will save time when you arrive at the event.
- Bring along a family member and/or friend to help you collect information. They can provide valuable input and assist in the decision-making for planning your event.
- Arrive early enough to ensure that you have enough time to visit all exhibitor booths to gather information and ask questions.
- Plan on attending for the duration of the event to enjoy the entire experience.
- Bring along pre-printed addresss labels. They make it easier to give your information to exhibitors when setting up an appointment or when you want more information sent to you.
- Bring your calendar to set up appointments with your favorite exhibitors to talk further about the details of the event you are planning
- Certain exhibitors can only handle one event per day and the dates fill quickly. You should bring along your checkbook and be prepared to reserve your date with that must-have exhibitor.
- Take along a pen & paper for note taking on your favorite items and ideas.
- Bring pictures of hairstyles, jewelry, shoes, cakes & gowns you like to discuss with exhibitors.
During the Show
- If you did not pre-register, be sure to complete any survey forms to register for door prizes.
- Visit each exhibitor at least once - you may find something you did not know about. Then go back a second time and speak to specific exhibitors to book their services, make a purchase or make an appointment to talk with them further about your event.
- If a particular exhibitor is busy when you walk by, come back to them and find out what they have to offer.
- Collect any information you are interested in, then take it home to look over again.
- Ask questions. The exhibitors are there to answer any questions you may have and help you in any way they can to plan your event.
- If you don't see something that you are looking for at a particular booth, ask if they have what you are looking for or if they can get it.
After the Show
- Review all of the materials you collected at the show and make plans to visit the exhibitor's place of business to make a purchase or book a service they may offer if you did not do so at the show.
- Call or visit any exhibitor for any questions you may have on their products or services.
- Don't forget to keep the appointments you made at the show.